EUGENE, Ore. -- It was an emotional sentencing Thursday for the former Cottage Grove bus driver who pleaded guilty to raping a teenage boy.
Lane County Circuit Court Judge Kamala Shugar sentenced Elizabeth Vanderhoof, 30, to three years and four months in prison.
Before the sentencing, the mother of the teenage victim spoke directly to Vanderhoof. The victim's mother said Vanderhoof's actions caused "chaos" and long-lasting damage to her son.
Vanderhoof was a substitute bus driver in the South Lane School District. Vanderhoof had been driving with the district for about a year.
On Monday, Vanderhoof pleaded guilty to charges of rape, sodomy and online sexual corruption of a minor.
Vanderhoof will also have to register as a sex offender.
- Former South Lane bus driver sentenced for raping teen
- South Lane bus driver accused of raping teenager
- Lane County man charged with rape
- Drunk driver who hit Harrisburg teen sentenced to 9 months
- Son of former Lane County commissioner sentenced for third-degree rape
- Man sentenced to prison for 2011 rape
- Albany man accused of raping underage teen
- Lane County awarded drivers education grant
- Former Lane County deputy sentenced to jail
- Man who tried to rape teen outside SEHS sentenced to 5 years