SALEM, Ore. (AP) - A former Salem-Keizer teacher has pleaded guilty to nine child sexual abuse charges.
The Statesman Journal reported Thursday that 40-year-old Shane Ross had been arrested in June 2017 on suspicion of sexually abusing one former student. But a month after his arrest, allegations of abuse toward a second former student arose.
Ross acknowledged in his guilty plea filing that he inappropriately touched the two girls when they were under 14 years old and forced them to touch his private area.
Ross taught at five Salem-Keizer Public Schools for more than 17 years, starting at Houck Middle School as a physical education teacher in 2000.
He was placed on paid administrative leave on March 6, 2017.
- Former Oregon teacher pleads guilty to 9 sex abuse charges
- Albany man pleads not guilty to 40 sex abuse charges
- South Dakota priest pleads not guilty to sex abuse charges
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- Oregon chiropractor pleads guilty to sexually abusing patients
- Oregon man pleads not guilty to child pornography charges
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges