SALEM, Ore. -- A former Oregon State University football player was injured in a head-on crash in Salem on Monday.
According his family, Caleb Smith was driving when he was hit by an oncoming vehicle, who was attempting to pass a string of cars.
They said with no time to react, both vehicles struck each other head on in a violent collision.
Smith was rushed to the Salem hospital with significant facial injuries as well as severe back trauma, leaving his lower back shattered.
Smith and his fiancée have a newborn baby boy named Clay.
The have set up a GoFundMe page to help with accumulating costs. For more information, click here.
- Former OSU football player injured in head-on crash
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash
- UO football player arrested
- OSU fan punished for directing derogatory comments toward USC player
- Six injured in two-vehicle head-on crash in Corvallis
- OSU head baseball coach Pat Casey retiring after 24 years
- College football players shave their heads to support coach battling cancer
- OSU Football hopes for fast start vs. Cal
- Construction resumes on OSU facility
- OSU falls short against Stanford