CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A former volunteer firefighter is in jail after failing to appear in court to face charges of sex abuse.
Jose Carlos Villa-Garcia was originally arrested in May of 2016 after accusations of him having a sexual relations with a minor.
He was released with a grand jury date in May of 2017. An arrest warrant was issued after Villa-Garcia didn't show up for court.
Deputies with the Benton County Sheriff's Office tried to serve the warrant at his Monroe home several times of the past few months but weren't able to until December 4.
Villa-Garcia was arrested and booked into the Benton County Jail. He is being held on a $100,000 bail.
He is facing two counts of sex abuse II and one count of sex abuse III.
- Former Monroe firefighter jailed again, faces 3 sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Former Monroe firefighter found not guilty of sexually abusing teenager
- Quran instructor from Corvallis faces sex abuse charges in Tigard
- Political fundraiser facing sex abuse charges in Eugene
- Coos County teen facing rape and sex abuse charges
- Former Eugene church leader faces new sex abuse charges