EUGENE, Ore. -- A former Eugene church leader arrested on child pornography charges in August 2018 is now facing charges of sodomy and sexual abuse.
According to court documents, Edward Thompson, 39, allegedly abused a young girl he babysat. The documents allege the abuse happened between 2012 and 2018.
Investigators said the alleged victim disclosed the abuse in July.
Currently, Thompson is in custody in a Federal Correctional Institution while he awaits trial for the child pornography case. He will be brought back to Eugene later this week for an arraignment on charges of first-degree sodomy and first-degree sex abuse.
Thompson was the music ministry leader at Christ Fellowship Church in Eugene. In court documents, Thompson denied abusing any of the children at the church.
A former church elder told KEZI 9 News that the church has since closed and the pastor has retired.
- Former Eugene church leader faces new sex abuse charges
- Former church leader facing new sex abuse charges
- Political fundraiser facing sex abuse charges in Eugene
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Eugene church leader arrested on child pornography charges
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- 72-year-old Eugene man indicted on sex abuse charges