EUGENE, Ore. – A former Ducks football player is in trouble with the law again, facing domestic violence and drug possession charges.
Colt Lyerla was booked into the Lane County Jail on Tuesday. He has been charged with coercion, second-degree assault, felony strangulation and menacing, all relating to claims of domestic violence, and unlawful possession of heroin.
According to court documents the crimes took place on Monday and Tuesday.
Lyerla was a tight end with the University of Oregon. In 2017, he escaped from custody and was caught in Hillsboro.
Watch KEZI 9 News at 4, 5 and 6 for details.
- Colt Lyerla in trouble again: Former Ducks football player arrested
- UO football player arrested
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash
- Driver arrested in crash that killed former Ducks player
- Ducks football sees decline in attendance
- Blitzing the Preseason: Thurston Colts
- Video shows Duck fans throwing objects at Cardinal players
- Duck fans and students excited about new football coach
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Firefighters rescue colt from Mohawk River