NEW YORK (AP) - Advent calendars are hitting the bottle.
The cardboard calendars, typically filled with chocolates, are now being stuffed with cans of beer and bottles of wine. Others have chunks of cheese behind each door.
They're meant to appeal to nostalgic adults who want to count the days till Christmas with something other than sweets. Many are available in the United States for the first time this year after gaining
- Forget the chocolate: Advent calendars go for booze, cheese
- Aldi's Advent calendars are full of wine, cheese and chocolate. Apparently it's never too early to gear up for Christmas
- Far-right advent calendar honoring white men is mocked online
- State authorities propose booze ban at Sauvie Island beaches
- 4th Annual Grilled Cheese Experience is underway
- 4J school calendar revised to make up snow days
- Chick-fil-A adds mac and cheese to the menu
- Volkswagen and Philadelphia cream cheese ads banned over gender stereotypes
- Nestle launches vegan alternatives to bacon and cheese