NEW YORK (AP) - Advent calendars are hitting the bottle.
The cardboard calendars, typically filled with chocolates, are now being stuffed with cans of beer and bottles of wine. Others have chunks of cheese behind each door.
They're meant to appeal to nostalgic adults who want to count the days till Christmas with something other than sweets. Many are available in the United States for the first time this year after gaining
- Forget the chocolate: Advent calendars go for booze, cheese
- Far-right advent calendar honoring white men is mocked online
- 4th Annual Grilled Cheese Experience is underway
- State authorities propose booze ban at Sauvie Island beaches
- 4J school calendar revised to make up snow days
- Euphoria Chocolate plans drive to help summer food program
- Choc-a-block: Liquid chocolate leak envelops German street
- 911 dispatcher describes Jayme Closs call: 'It's definitely going to be one that you never forget'