EUGNE, Ore. – The Eugene Mission held their third annual Food Truck Fest as a fundraiser for the Mission.
There were 45 different food trucks at the Lane County Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 30. The day began with VIP entry at 11am, and general admission at noon.
From Hawaiian food to bakeries, from taco stands to Asian food, these trucks covered a wide variety of eateries.
Representatives with the Eugene Mission said this is the only fundraiser they hold during the year. They wanted to make sure it was something the community could have fun with.
"Since the community supports Eugene Mission so much, we wanted to do something big for the community, and it needed to be fun and it needed to be something that brought us all together,” said Caitlin Vargas, the Development Director with the Eugene Mission. “Food Truck Fest was really the answer to that."
Vargas said the turnout was even better than they could have expected, and she’s so thankful to everyone who contributed to the event.
- Food Truck Fest raises money for the Eugene Mission
- Students raise money for Florence Food Share
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- Eugene Market Fest set for this weekend
- Eugene Science Center raising money for planetarium upgrades
- Mission accomplished: Eugene Mission finds home for resident
- Truck crashes into Eugene home
- Eugene Mission kitchen opens for Thanksgiving
- The Eugene mission needs diapers donated
- Eugene Mission benefits from the Ultimate ThanksGIVEaway