FLORENCE, Ore. -- A Siuslaw School District teacher accused of injuring a youth is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.
Clint Tatum, 43, of Florence faces a charge of first-degree criminal mistreatment.
The Florence Police Department school resource officer was contacted on Wednesday about the possible assault, which resulted in minor injuries.
Tatum teaches at Siuslaw Middle School and Siuslaw High School, but officials said the alleged assault is not connected to his job and did not happen on school property. Tatum is a former Siuslaw High School girls' basketball coach.
Superintendent Andrew Grzeskowiak said school staff are cooperating with the investigation.
- Florence teacher accused of assaulting youth placed on leave
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Florence man turns in assault rifles
- Florence man accused of murdering mother
- Interfaith leaders, youths to push for assault-rifle ban
- Nonprofit to expand free supplies for youth, teachers with grant
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Roseburg man accused of sexually assaulting minor
- Former Springfield teacher accused of rape