FLORENCE, Ore. -- A Florence man accused of murdering his mother will face a judge Monday afternoon.
Kevin Lee Cooper, 61, is accused of killing Anola Cooper, 85, on or around Saturday, March 2, according to court documents.
Police responded to the 4100 block of Munsel Creek Drive at 10:30 a.m. Cooper is now in the Lane County Jail.
While further details in the murder case have yet to be released, Cooper has a history of convictions. Records show he was convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm in 2006.
Cooper also has two convictions of unlawful use of a weapon and has been convicted of driving under the influence and fleeing or trying to elude police.
- Florence man accused of murdering mother
- Florence man arrested for murder
- Man found guilty of murdering Springfield mother
- Florence murder suspect claims self-defense
- Missing Florence man found dead
- New trial begins for man accused of killing Springfield mother
- Son charged with mother's murder claims insanity
- Florence mother: PeaceHealth's lack of care almost killed daughter
- Mother accused of giving son cocaine
- Man accused of killing grandfather formally charged with murder