FLORENCE, Ore. – Court documents show a woman accused of killing her elderly ex-husband in Florence claimed self-defense and said she felt bad about his quality of life.
Carolyn Sue Stickley, 73, is accused of shooting and killing her ex-husband Erwin Emerson Drake, 93, earlier this month.
According to the documents, Stickley called 911 on Feb. 12, saying she got in a struggle with Drake and shot him in the head. She claimed self-defense, saying Drake was going to shoot her.
Documents show Stickley also told police that she felt bad about Drake’s quality of life, telling them he had dementia, had lost most of his vision and could barely walk.
Stickley told officers she had previously promised Drake he would be able to die in his own home.
She has pleaded not guilty to murder charges, and is being held in the Lane County Jail.
- Florence murder suspect claims self-defense
- Florence man arrested for murder
- Deputies arrest Florence shooting suspect
- Oregon murder suspect's attorney claims he's not fit for trial
- Cottage Grove murder suspect claims father hit him first
- Florence man accused of murdering mother
- Son charged with mother's murder claims insanity
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- UPDATE: Murder suspect's mugshot released
- Flames engulf Florence business