Photo Gallery 7 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Crews responded to the Beltline near Northwest Expressway Tuesday as flames sparked up along the roadway.
Firefighters arrived on scene at about 4 p.m.
Smoke could be seen in the area, and according to the Oregon Department of Transportation, drivers in the westbound lanes could be affected.
Officials urged caution.
For more information on road conditions, click here.
Around the same time as the fires started along the Beltline, a recreational vehicle caught fire in the area. Fire officials said they are looking into a possible correlation between the RV fire and the grass fires.
The driver of the RV said they noticed issues with the vehicle, pulled over and called the fire department. Firefighters put out the fire, and there was not a lot of visible damage.
- Fires burning along Beltline in Eugene
- Special Report: Rebuilding Beltline
- Fire breaks out next to Beltline in Eugene
- Traffic Alert: Delta Highway, Beltline ramp closures
- ODOT holds open house on Beltline projects
- Rollover crash on Beltline causes traffic delays
- All lanes open after crash on Beltline
- Field fire briefly closes Interstate 5 near Beltline Highway
- Buried danger: Eugene boy burned by beach fire
- Delta and Beltline highway closures precede exchange construction