UPDATE: The Lane County Sheriff's Office has identified the body found in the McKenzie River on Wednesday as Martha Berger, 67, of Eugene.
Berger had last communicated with her housing manager on Saturday and missed a medical appointment on Monday. On Wednesday, shortly after she was reported missing, her body was discovered on the bank of the McKenzie River.
Deputies are working to notify her family. They said there are no indications of foul play.
VIDA, Ore. -- Emergency workers say fishing guides found a body in the McKenzie River Wednesday afternoon.
Chief Darren Bucich from Mckenzie Fire and Rescue said they got a call at 3:08 p.m. that a body was found in the water about one mile east of Vida.
They responded and found the body face down stuck in some tree limbs. They said they couldn't confirm whether it was a man or a woman.
They called the Lane County Sheriff's Office to investigate.
- Body found in McKenzie River identified as missing woman
- Woman's body found in car pulled out of McKenzie River
- Man rescued from McKenzie River
- Body of missing Brownsville woman found in Willamette River
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith
- Water teams search for missing canoeist in McKenzie River
- Officials identify body found in southern Oregon river
- Body of missing woman found near Brookings
- Toppled trees block section of McKenzie River
- McKenzie River reopens after oil spill