SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – Eugene-Springfield Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire inside an outbuilding behind a home on F Street in Springfield Friday.
The fire broke out around 6:15 a.m. and officials said it may have been caused by a fireplace that was found inside the outbuilding. There was evidence that someone may have been staying inside, but firefighters said no one was injured.
Several engines responded to the scene, at one point blocking a single lane of Pioneer Parkway West in order to fight the fire.
The outbuilding suffered damage to the walls and roof, but officials said most of it should be salvageable.