STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Firefighters rescue residents in Coos Bay house fire

The Coos Bay Fire Department rescued the residents of a rural home that was destroyed by a fire Friday night.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 9:02 AM
Updated: Sep 21, 2020 12:26 PM

COOS BAY, Ore.-- The Coos Bay Fire Department rescued the residents of a rural home that was destroyed by a fire Friday night.

According to officials, first responders received reports of a fire in the Libby area at around 11:20 p.m. The home was located on a narrow rural road, limiting access.

Crews arrived to find the home engulfed in flame, and stretched hose about 250 feet up a steep driveway. They located the residents of the home trapped in the back yard by the fire. They used hose streams to create a path for one resident, while the other resident was carried down a steep embankment by firefighters.

Both residents were evaluated by ambulance crews.

The home was a total loss, as was a nearby vehicle. It is believed the fire was started by a damaged extension cord.

Eugene
Partly Cloudy
68° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 68°
Corvallis
Partly Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 61°
Roseburg
Clear
71° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 71°
North Bend
Partly Cloudy
54° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 54°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events