ESTACADA, Ore. (AP) - Firefighters rescued a person who fell into a septic tank and was stuck there for days in a rural area southeast of Portland.
The Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69 said on Facebook that crews responded Tuesday to a report of the person falling into the tank while working on it. Fire officials say the person had been in the tank for multiple days.
KATU-TV reports a technical rescue team and a Clackamas Fire crew helped Estacada Rural Fire District No. 69 remove the person from the tank.
The person was flown to a hospital. The extent of the person's injuries wasn't released.
- Firefighters rescue person stuck in septic tank for days
- Are you furreal? Dog chases cat up tree and gets stuck, too. Firefighters have to rescue both
- Lebanon firefighters rescue dog, extinguish house fire
- Firefighters rescue pets in Lebanon house fire
- Firefighters rescue colt from Mohawk River
- Firefighters rescue young kayakers in McKenzie River
- Driver dies when truck hits propane tank
- Off-duty firefighter rescues man in Willamette River
- Lebanon firefighters rescue man after fall down embankment
- Barn housing propane tanks goes up in flames