BREAKING NEWS Shooting at naval air station Full Story

Yard fire spreads to Eugene home

The resident had been doing yard work at his home on Cheryl Street.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 2:59 PM
Updated: Jul 13, 2018 6:30 PM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Firefighters put out a fire possibly started by a weed trimmer Friday afternoon after it spread to a home in Eugene.

A resident was doing yard work at his home, 2906 Cheryl Street, when he noticed a spark.

The fire started in yard brush and spread to one side of the home, neighbors said. The blaze also spread to a portion of fencing at the residence.

The Eugene Springfield Fire Department responded.

Article Comments

43° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 43°
41° wxIcon
Hi: 45° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 41°
Broken Clouds
47° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 47°
North Bend
52° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 52°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner