PHILOMATH, Ore. -- An electric fan is to blame for a house fire in Philomath Tuesday night, investigators said.
Fire crews said when they arrived, the home on Benton View Drive was engulfed. Smoke and flames could be seen from the downtown area.
"When we got here we saw a house that was totally engulfed in flames. We pulled out our ladder truck and proceeded to attack it with the areal nozzle," Philomath Fire Chief Tom Miller said.
Nobody was hurt, but the home was destroyed.
- Electric fan caused Philomath house fire
- Philomath residents need to boil drinking water
- Philomath City Council considers new water treatment plant proposal
- Crash near Philomath leads to closures on Highway 34
- Philomath football player with special needs scores touchdown
- PG&E electrical lines causes 2018 Camp Fire, California probe finds
- UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family
- Discarded ashes cause house fire in Albany
- Philomath man involved in several youth activities faces sex abuse charges
- Mother arrested in fatal crash near Philomath that killed young daughter