Fire destroys Linn County home

The residents were home at the time of the fire, but everyone made it out safely.

Posted: May 4, 2018 11:57 PM
Updated: May 5, 2018 12:12 AM

LINN COUNTY, Ore. -- A fire ripped through a home on Friday afternoon, gutting it with flames as occupants ran for safety.

This happened at 34296 Meridian Drive near Lacomb.

Crews from the Lebanon Fire District and Scio Fire Department were called to the scene at 5:30 and put out the fire within 30 minutes.

The residents were inside the home at the time of the fire, but officials say they escaped without injury.

Officials called the damage "a total loss."

The cause of the fire was determined to be an overloaded power strip, according to investigators.

51° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 51°
52° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 52°
54° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 54°
North Bend
55° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 55°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner


Community Events