SEVERE WX : High Wind Warning View Alerts

Fire destroys Eugene mobile home

Fire broke out in Daneland Mobile Home Park on North Terry Street Tuesday evening

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 10:43 PM
Updated: Dec 27, 2017 4:44 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Flames ripped through a mobile home park in west Eugene, destroying a trailer just one day after Christmas.

Crews rushed to Daneland Mobile Home Park at 1199 N. Terry St. just after 9 p.m. Tuesday night. Callers reported the home was fully engulfed by flames before firefighters arrived.

One person was inside the trailer at the time of the fire, officials said, but he escaped with only minor smoke inhalation.

Battalion Chief Brian Smith of the Eugene Springfield Fire Department said the flames started in the kitchen as the man was cooking.

"Be aware while you're cooking," Smith said. "You have flammable materials like grease and other oils and heating elements and it's just one of the reasons why most fires in residents happen in kitchens."

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 156037

Reported Deaths: 2225
CountyCasesDeaths
Multnomah31920532
Washington21287212
Marion18513285
Clackamas13410176
Lane10311128
Jackson8448113
Umatilla767182
Deschutes596260
Yamhill378965
Linn359757
Malheur335158
Polk306942
Klamath279655
Douglas250555
Josephine236152
Benton234816
Jefferson196228
Coos150020
Union128519
Columbia127121
Wasco122126
Lincoln113620
Hood River106929
Morrow105014
Crook77618
Clatsop7756
Baker6619
Curry4296
Tillamook4172
Lake3786
Harney2756
Grant2231
Wallowa1424
Gilliam541
Sherman530
Wheeler221
Unassigned00
Eugene
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 54°
Corvallis
Partly Cloudy
53° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 53°
Roseburg
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 60°
North Bend
Clear
49° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 46°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events