EUGENE, Ore. -- Flames ripped through a mobile home park in west Eugene, destroying a trailer just one day after Christmas.
Crews rushed to Daneland Mobile Home Park at 1199 N. Terry St. just after 9 p.m. Tuesday night. Callers reported the home was fully engulfed by flames before firefighters arrived.
One person was inside the trailer at the time of the fire, officials said, but he escaped with only minor smoke inhalation.
Battalion Chief Brian Smith of the Eugene Springfield Fire Department said the flames started in the kitchen as the man was cooking.
"Be aware while you're cooking," Smith said. "You have flammable materials like grease and other oils and heating elements and it's just one of the reasons why most fires in residents happen in kitchens."
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Eugene mobile home destroyed, neighbors jump into action
- Mobile homes catch fire in Eugene
- Early morning fire destroys Eugene home
- Early morning fire destroys home in Eugene
- Madras boys charged in fire that destroyed 4 mobile homes
- One person killed in mobile home fire in Eugene
- Misused electronics to blame in Eugene deadly mobile home fire
- Couple that escaped Eugene mobile home fire speaks out
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon