Fire damages 50-year-old mobile home

The fire investigation found a butane torch, used for lighting smoking material, had been left too close to combustible materials before it had cooled down.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 10:50 PM

COOS BAY, Ore. --- The Coos Bay Fire Department said a fire damaged a mobile home on Saturday just after 11:00 p.m.

Crews responded to a report of a house fire on the four hundred block of Shorepines Place.

When fire crews arrived they found flames coming from the bedroom window.

Officials said the two residents escaped the building safely along with their dog.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the one bedroom and quickly extinguish the blaze, but the home did have smoke damage throughout the 50-year-old mobile home.

The fire investigation found a butane torch, used for lighting smoking material, had been left too close to combustible materials before it had cooled down.

Article Comments

Eugene
Overcast
37° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 37°
Corvallis
Scattered Clouds
39° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 39°
Roseburg
Overcast
43° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 43°
North Bend
Clear
44° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 44°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events