BREAKING NEWS Thousands of customers waking up in the dark in Oakridge Full Story

Fire crews put out RV fire in Sweet Home

Officials said the fire started after a cigarette butt was left on the bed in the RV.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 9:23 AM

SWEET HOME, Ore. – A cigarette butt sparked a fire in an RV Friday evening and officials said it caused extensive damage.

Crews responded to the fire around 6 p.m. Officials said the RV was parked in a lot near a business and a few homes.

Officials said no one was in the RV at the time of the fire, so crews had to break a window and force their way through the locked door to extinguish the fire.

Officials said the fire started after a cigarette butt was left on the bed in the RV. The fire caused extensive heat and smoke damage.

Article Comments

Eugene
Overcast
60° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 60°
Corvallis
Overcast
59° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 59°
Roseburg
Overcast
62° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 54°
Feels Like: 62°
North Bend
Scattered Clouds
62° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 62°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events