SUTHERLIN, OR. -- A fire at a Sutherlin mini-mart forced neighbors to evacuate and caused extensive damage to the store.
Officials said the Stop-n-Shop market about a mile east of town caught fire around 8:45 last night.
Fire crews were able to put it out relatively quickly.
But residents said the fire was quite large.
They were told to evacuate because of an above-ground propane tank.
“Little did we know, there were propane tanks in the back,” said Marla Schaffe. “But, we knew two of the fire fighters that were volunteers that were fighting it and one of them gave my daughter a call and says ‘get out, evacuate.’”
The cause of the fire is still unclear.
There weren't any injuries or explosions.
- Fire causes extensive damage to Stop-N-Shop in Sutherlin
- Winter storm damages Sutherlin high school gymnasium
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Traffic stop on I-5 leads to meth arrest in Sutherlin
- Sutherlin High School receives award
- Two-A-Days: Sutherlin Bulldogs
- Car crashes into Roseburg drive-in, causing extensive damage
- Sutherlin opened its first starbucks, local coffee shop says it's a great thing
- Sutherlin creates working group to discuss fire services
- Man arrested after shots fired in Sutherlin neighborhood