Photo Gallery 4 Images
WALTON, Ore. -- Lane Fire Authority responded to a house fire off of Highway 126 just after midnight on Monday.
According to fire officials, the fire started as a flue fire from a pellet stove before quickly spreading throughout the entire house.
Overnight there were several engines on the scene, along with several fire personnel.
Lane Fire Authority Lt. Tressa Miller said two adults living in the home made it out safely and are getting help from the Red Cross.
The house is a total loss, with $80,000 in damage to the house and $40,000 in damage to its contents. The home was not insured, fire officials said.
- Fire burns through Walton home
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Man accused of stabbing woman in Walton
- Walton stabbing victim shares story of survival
- Log truck rolls over near Walton
- Fire burns deck of Lebanon home
- Walton man credited with saving woman's life during stabbing
- Crews set to begin roadwork near Walton on OR 126
- Highway 126 back open after crash near Walton
- Homes burned near Dorena not covered by fire district