Fire burns deck of Lebanon home

A neighbor saw smoke and used a garden hose until firefighters arrived.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 12:05 AM

LEBANON, Ore. – A deck fire in Lebanon has caused thousands of dollars in damage.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 100 block of Bromil Street around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

Crews said a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the deck of the home and started fighting it with a garden house. The neighbor was able to alert the people in the home to the fire.

Firefighters were able to completely put the fire out when they arrived by removing smoldering decking and siding. They said the fire did not spread to the rest of the home.

They said it was caused by improperly discarded ashes from a metal fire pit on the deck.

No one was hurt. The fire caused an estimated $4,000 in damage.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 21774

Reported Deaths: 368
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah501498
Washington316125
Marion297973
Umatilla231230
Clackamas157144
Malheur82213
Deschutes61610
Lane5963
Jackson4862
Yamhill47013
Lincoln4199
Union3952
Jefferson3774
Morrow3773
Polk32612
Linn29611
Klamath2042
Hood River2010
Wasco1943
Benton1716
Douglas1561
Josephine1242
Columbia1010
Coos910
Clatsop890
Crook501
Baker400
Tillamook340
Lake320
Wallowa191
Curry170
Sherman160
Harney100
Gilliam40
Grant40
Wheeler00
Unassigned00
Eugene
Scattered Clouds
76° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 76°
Corvallis
Clear
73° wxIcon
Hi: 77° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 73°
Roseburg
Clear
82° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 82°
North Bend
Clear
61° wxIcon
Hi: 65° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 61°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events