Photo Gallery 3 Images
LEBANON, Ore. – A deck fire in Lebanon has caused thousands of dollars in damage.
Firefighters were called to a home in the 100 block of Bromil Street around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Crews said a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the deck of the home and started fighting it with a garden house. The neighbor was able to alert the people in the home to the fire.
Firefighters were able to completely put the fire out when they arrived by removing smoldering decking and siding. They said the fire did not spread to the rest of the home.
They said it was caused by improperly discarded ashes from a metal fire pit on the deck.
No one was hurt. The fire caused an estimated $4,000 in damage.
- Fire burns deck of Lebanon home
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Vacant home catches fire overnight in Lebanon
- Fire burns through Walton home
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- Lebanon family escapes house fire
- Lebanon hires new fire chief
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Lebanon
- Drug lab explosion burns half of man's body in Lebanon
- Lebanon city manager resigns