EUGENE, Ore. -- Fire crews are battling a brush fire next to the Beltline in Eugene.
The fire broke out just after 7 p.m. Thursday on the north side of the highway near Gilham Road, forcing crews to shut down one lane of the highway.
The fire is under control, and firefighters are working on cutting brush.
Josh McCumber saw the fire and said he saw a vehicle wreck into the brush where that fire started earlier in the day.
"His car was over in that tree over there, and I went to see if he was alright, and he was talking to a bunch of people by the fence," McCumber said. "He was telling them that he got a flat tire and swerved off the road."
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but crews said it may have been caused by the wreck that happened earlier in the day.
- Fire breaks out next to Beltline in Eugene
- Special Report: Rebuilding Beltline
- Traffic Alert: Delta Highway, Beltline ramp closures
- ODOT holds open house on Beltline projects
- Rollover crash on Beltline causes traffic delays
- All lanes open after crash on Beltline
- Field fire briefly closes Interstate 5 near Beltline Highway
- Delta and Beltline highway closures precede exchange construction
- Police: Driver ran off after crash on Beltline
- Police: Man nearly strikes woman on Beltline, crashes into guardrail