DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. – Coos Forest Protective Association (CFPA) fire crews have been fighting a four-acre fire burning on private and U.S Forest Service land since 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The fire is reported to be east of Reedsport by the Umpqua River’s north side.
Fire officials also confirmed that Tuesday night, crews worked to secure the fire so that by Wednesday morning all they have to do is mop-up to fully put out the fire.
The cause of the fire is unknown, and fire officials are still investigating.
According to CFPA, debris burning is allowed within the district (Coos County, Curry County and western Douglas County).
Fire officials are advising residents to avoid burning during high winds.
- Fire breaks out east of Reedsport
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- Man wanted on several felony charges in Reedsport
- Texas fugitive wanted in child abuse case arrested in Reedsport
- Reedsport man arrested in connection with two sexual assaults
- Coast Guard responds to sunken fishing boat in Reedsport
- Reedsport woman dies in crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- Terwilliger Fire east of Springfield burning more than 1,200 acres
- Florence fire breaks out in former restaurant
- Fire breaks out at building in Springfield