SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A Springfield home is a total loss on Thanksgiving Day after it caught fire at around 5:15 a.m.
The fire broke out in a neighborhood at 5422 Mt. Vernon Rd. where neighbors were alerted after hearing unusual noises coming from the home.
Eugene Springfield Fire Department arrived to the scene to find it unoccupied.
Eugene Springfield Fire Battalion Chief, Jeff Kronser, said the home was so engulfed that crews were unable to gain access to the home.
He said crews ran at least one mile of hose to get to the fire because of the rural location.
Firefighters said they sprayed the surrounding area with water in order to contain the fire.
Investigators will be on the scene Thursday later Thursday to find out the cause and KEZI 9 News will work on getting more information as it becomes available.
- Fire rips through Springfield home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire damages three Springfield homes
- Springfield homes threatened by garage fire
- Fire damages group home in Springfield
- Heat lamp sparks fire inside Springfield home
- Fire damages mobile home in Springfield
- Springfield home damaged in early morning fire
- Springfield home catches fire from furnace malfunction
- Springfield fire under investigation