EUGENE, Ore. -- Anthony Ballard Jones, 36, was sentenced Wednesday to six-and-a-half years in federal prison for sex trafficking and illegal firearm possession. Jones will also serve a five-year term of supervised release, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office - District of Oregon.
According to court documents, Jones transported two women from Idaho to Oregon to engage in commercial sex acts. The first victim had been with Jones for approximately eight months prior to his arrest.
Jones met the second victim, who was homeless at the time, in Boise, Idaho, in March 2015 and offered her drugs and convinced her that prostitution could make her rich. She initially told Jones she did not want to engage in prostitution but later agreed.
Jones was arrested after an incident at a Eugene motel March 7, 2015, when the second victim decided not to participate in a planned commercial sex act. The John became upset, tearing at the victim’s clothing and threatening to return with a gun. After the incident, Jones told the victim he would leave her stranded in Oregon if she did not continue to engage in prostitution.
Police investigated the disturbance at the motel and contacted Jones, who was a convicted felon. Jones was found to be in possession of a pistol and was arrested.
Jones pleaded guilty to one count each of interstate transport for prostitution and felon in possession of a firearm on Nov. 21, 2017.
The FBI and Eugene Police Department investigated the case, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey S. Sweet prosecuted it.
- Felon sentenced for sex trafficking, illegal firearm possession
- Felon accused of threatening driver with firearm in Eugene
- Eugene police save teens from sex trafficking
- Man faces felon in possession of a gun, unlawful forest harvest charges
- Man tied to drug-trafficking organization sentenced
- Nurse sentenced for illegal opioid prescriptions
- Oregon science professor sentenced for child porn possession
- Troopers arrest felon for wildlife offenses in Sweet Home
- Convicted felon accused of plotting to ambush deputies
- Man sentenced for sex abuse outside South Eugene High School