SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A woman is dead and a man is in the hospital after a motorcycle crash on the MLK Jr Parkway and Harlow Road roundabout just before 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
Springfield police said evidence at the scene and witness statements indicate the man was driving the motorcycle south on MLK Boulevard when it hit a curb and street sign just before entering the roundabout.
When Springfield police arrived, they found that the man and his female passenger had been thrown from the motorcycle. Investigators found the motorcycle inside the roundabout.
Officers performed CPR on the woman until ambulance crews with the Eugene Springfield Fire Department arrived.
The female passenger died at the scene.
Police set up a detour while the Springfield Police Major Accident Investigation Team investigated the crash.
The area reopened to traffic just before 5 a.m.
Investigators found alcohol containers at the scene and alcohol appears to have been a factor in the crash.
Police are not releasing the names of those involved until family members are notified.
- Springfield fatal motorcycle crash under investigation
- Officials investigating fatal car crash in Springfield
- Police investigate fatal crash in Springfield
- UPDATE: Rider identified in Springfield motorcycle crash
- Police investigating crash near Springfield
- 31-year-old Springfield man killed in motorcycle crash
- 2 people killed in motorcycle crash in Springfield
- Police identify men killed in motorcycle crash in Springfield
- OSP lab backlog delays Springfield crash investigation
- Springfield fire under investigation