Photo Gallery 4 Images
Deputies released the name of the deceased individual as 22-year-old Sarah Watson of Albany.
Just before 3:30 p.m. on Monday, May 15, deputies said a Toyota Prius was driving east on Tangent Drive, driven by 19-year-old Miranda Carnes. Police said Carnes failed to stop completely at the stop sign and hit Watson, who was driving north on Seven Mile Lane on a motorcycle.
Watson was pronounced dead at the scene.
KEZI spoke to people in the area who knew Watson to find out how they’re coping with the loss. Jessica Bishop is a long-time family friend and said she was a dedicated and giving person, and that’s how people are going to remember her.
"True gifts and true talent aren't to keep to yourself. It's to share,” said Bishop. “And I'm sure that everyone will remember that about her, and that she shared and she gave back to everyone around her."
Community members said horses were a big part of Watson’s life. She was majoring in equine science and horse management at Linn-Benton Community College and was involved in the Pacific Wild Horses Club, along with Bishop. Watson and Carnes went to the same high school, West Albany, where they were both involved in the horse community.
TANGENT, Ore. – An intersection in Linn County is shut down while deputies investigate a fatal crash.
It happened around 3:30 p.m. Monday at Seven Mile Lane and Tangent Drive near Tangent between a vehicle and a motorcycle.
One person has died. Their name has not been released.
Officials said the road may be shut down for a few hours and drivers should use alternate routes.
- Fatal crash in Tangent leaves one local woman dead
- Bald Eagles found dead near Tangent
- Oregon Powder Coating in Tangent catches fire
- Tangent man facing manslaughter, assault charges
- Tangent business loses building due to massive fire
- Umpqua woman dead, husband in critical condition after crash
- Officials investigating fatal car crash in Springfield
- Wrong way driver sentenced for fatal crash
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Police investigate fatal crash in Springfield