SUTHERLIN, Ore. – The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal crash that happened Monday night on Nonpareil Road.
Deputies received the call at around 9:05 p.m., and when they arrived they found Raymond Funk, 54, of Sutherlin dead on scene.
The initial investigation revealed Funk had been driving a 2001 Dodge pickup east before he hit a tree.
Deputies located the truck 20 feet down an embankment in the 9300 block of Nonpareil Road.
The area was closed for two hours.
The sheriff's office has notified next of kin.
- Fatal crash east of Sutherlin under investigation
- Crash kills one near Sutherlin
- Sutherlin High School receives award
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Two-A-Days: Sutherlin Bulldogs
- Sutherlin woman dies after crashing into semi tractor-trailer
- Roseburg man dies in garbage truck crash in Sutherlin
- Officials investigating fatal car crash in Springfield
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Police investigate fatal crash in Springfield