PHILOMATH, Ore. – A Depoe Bay woman died at the scene of a head-on collision west of Philomath on Friday morning.
Catherine Koch, 37, was traveling westbound on Highway 20, when she collided with a loaded eastbound dump truck. The truck was loaded with dirt and towing a trailer that was also loaded with dirt.
The truck was driven by David Clark, 60 of Albany, and owned by Riverbend Material Company.
Deputies said there is no indication that alcohol or drugs were factors in the crash.
Deputies responded to the crash at about 8 a.m. Friday, and anyone who witnessed it is asked to contact Deputy Doug Seirup at the sheriff’s office at 541-766-6858, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The highway between Newport and Corvallis was closed for 4.5 hours while the Benton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the incident.
- Depoe Bay woman dies in Highway 20 crash
- Deputies arrest armed man in Depoe Bay
- Depoe Bay man arrested after domestic disturbance
- UPDATE: Missing man in Depoe Bay presumed dead
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Two-vehicle crash kills Albany woman on Highway 20
- Coos Bay woman killed in two-vehicle crash
- Reedsport woman dies in crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- Vida man dies in fatal crash on Highway 126