EUGENE, Ore. -- Hundreds showed up at Matthew Knight Arena to watch the Oregon women's basketball team take on Baylor.
A day that started off with excitement for those fans ended in heartbreak after watching their Ducks lose to Baylor, 72 to 67.
Even before the game, fans at Matthew Kight Arena were screaming and dancing, cheering on their team.
As Oregon remained neck-and-neck with Baylor, the tension and excitement continued to grow.
However, as the final buzzer sounded and it was clear the team's season was over, fans cheered and applauded their team, thankful for the season they were given.
"When I moved here, there wasn't much attendance at these games," said Ducks fan Trish Lunsford. "It's really gotten a lot more full, the crowds are great, coach Graves has come and really turned this team around, and Sabrina being here, of course, helps a little."
Lunsford said she's grateful for the program's first-ever Final Four finish and hopes Sabrina Ionescue will return for her senior season.
- Fans react to Ducks loss
- Ducks fans react to women's loss
- Duck fan gets surprise of a lifetime
- Fans thrilled after Ducks win Pac-12 Championship
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Fans react to Civil War game rivalry
- Duck fans and students excited about new football coach
- Duck fans watch Las Vegas Bowl at local restaurants
- Video shows Duck fans throwing objects at Cardinal players
- Ducks fan: 'Unfortunately, winning brings on bad behavior sometimes'