JUNCTION CITY -- A family safely evacuated their home after it caught fire at around 10:15 p.m. Thursday.
The fire broke out in the 9000 Block of Prairie Rd. in Junction City.
Junction City Firefighters said the house is a total loss, but the structure still stands.
The family said they think the heater started the fire, but firefighters are still investigating.
Red Cross Disaster Responders are assisting the family of three adults and one pet.
The Red Cross offers the installation of free smoke alarms in our community to hopefully prevent or at least warn residents about fires before something like this happens again.