JUNCTION CITY -- A family safely evacuated their home after it caught fire at around 10:15 p.m. Thursday.
The fire broke out in the 9000 Block of Prairie Rd. in Junction City.
Junction City Firefighters said the house is a total loss, but the structure still stands.
The family said they think the heater started the fire, but firefighters are still investigating.
Red Cross Disaster Responders are assisting the family of three adults and one pet.
The Red Cross offers the installation of free smoke alarms in our community to hopefully prevent or at least warn residents about fires before something like this happens again.
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Police investigate car fire in Junction City
- Fire claims shed in Junction City
- Crews respond to explosive fire in Junction City
- Fire suppression systems installed in Junction City patrol cars
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival