SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A Springfield family is asking for help after receiving bizarre and disturbing texts following a family member's disappearance.
Joanna Saucedo posted on her Facebook pleading with the public to help her find her sister Judy Benway who's been missing since Thursday.
Her family has received several disturbing text messages from her sister's phone, claiming her body is under a bridge.
One text message Saucedo posted on her Facebook said, "Please tell me what would you say to your daughter when you have to say goodbye to her lifeless body."
While another one said, "She got what was coming to her and I’m not finished I’m just starting to have a little bit of fun."
KEZI 9 News spoke to Saucedo briefly on the phone earlier Friday. She said she's been panicking and reaching out to everyone she knows in hopes to find her sister.
Lt. Scott McKee with the Springfield Police Department said this case is under investigation, and they are trying to determine Judy’s whereabouts.
McKee said if these texts were used as a way to simply scare the family, whoever is responsible could be charged with harassment or disorderly conduct and that could result in a Class A misdemeanor, which could lead to jail time.
If you have any information on Judy Benway’s whereabouts, you are asked to contact the Springfield Police Department.
- Family seeking help to find missing woman after disturbing texts
- Missing Springfield woman found alive following disturbing texts
- Family seeks tips to find missing father
- Police seek public's help to find missing couple, possibly suicidal
- Sutherlin police seek public's help finding missing man
- Family asks for help in finding missing teen
- Family headed to California to find missing hiker
- K-9 helps find missing 92-year-old Bandon woman
- Depoe Bay man arrested after domestic disturbance
- Oregon woman says texting 911 saved her life