SPRINGFIELD, OR. -- Safe kids West Oregon held their fourth annual family safety fair on Saturday, allowing families to come out and speak with businesses from around the area that specialize in safety.
The event at the Bob Keefer Center in Springfield catered to people of all ages, educating them about different safety aspects.
Over 50 exhibitors educated families about motor vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle safety, first aid, emergency preparedness, fall prevention, and water safety.
Families were also able to make sure their child's car seats are properly installed, and Northwest Community Credit Union handed out free helmets to hundreds of kids and have them properly fitted.
Kim Clark with Northwest Community Credit Union said helping Safe Kids West Oregon with these events is just a small way they help give back to the community.
"It's so important for us to give back. If we can keep just one kid safe by making sure they have a properly fitted helmet, or if we can help Safe Kids ensure that their car seats are installed properly so if there's an accident, then kids are safe, that's just a big bonus for us."
Kim Ruscher, a Pediatric Surgeon at Sacred Heart Medical Center and Co-chair of Safe Kids West Oregon, said she gets excited for this event every year because they get to help families stay safe.
"I can't tell you how exciting this event is to me, because it's so easy to keep your family safe if you have the right tools. And we're trying to give families the right tools to be safe no matter what they're doing, or where they are."
If you'd like more information on different ways you can keep your family safe no matter what it is you're doing, you can visit the Safe Kids West Oregon Facebook page.
- Family Safety Fair draws hundreds on Saturday
- Polar Plunge draws hundreds of people into the Willamette River
- Fifth annual Safety Fair held in Springfield
- Free car seat safety check held Saturday
- Hundreds of families celebrated the New Year at noon
- Hundreds could strike tomorrow
- Garth Brooks to draw record crowd at Autzen Stadium on Saturday
- Duck Store warehouse sale draws a crowd
- Creswell Fourth of July Parade draws thousands
- Hurricane Florence draws in Oregon National Guard