Extension cord malfunction sparks fire in Coos Bay, officials say

In total, the damage is estimated at $1,500.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 4:58 PM

COOS BAY, Ore. -- No one was injured in a fire in Coos Bay Wednesday afternoon.

Fire officials said they responded to an electrical fire in a garage in the 63000 block of Fruitdale Road at about 2:15 p.m.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the corner of the garage. They made sure the home was clear and extinguished the fire, checking to make sure it hadn’t spread.

In total, the damage is estimated at $1,500.

Officials said an extension cord malfunctioned along the side of the garage, causing the fire.

Partly Cloudy
67° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 67°
62° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 62°
74° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 74°
North Bend
60° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 60°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner


Community Events