STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Extension cord malfunction sparks fire in Coos Bay, officials say

In total, the damage is estimated at $1,500.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 4:58 PM

COOS BAY, Ore. -- No one was injured in a fire in Coos Bay Wednesday afternoon.

Fire officials said they responded to an electrical fire in a garage in the 63000 block of Fruitdale Road at about 2:15 p.m.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the corner of the garage. They made sure the home was clear and extinguished the fire, checking to make sure it hadn’t spread.

In total, the damage is estimated at $1,500.

Officials said an extension cord malfunctioned along the side of the garage, causing the fire.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 21488

Reported Deaths: 357
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah496096
Washington311925
Marion293870
Umatilla230228
Clackamas154940
Malheur80414
Deschutes61110
Lane5903
Jackson4732
Yamhill46713
Lincoln4189
Union3942
Morrow3723
Jefferson3714
Polk31912
Linn28410
Klamath2012
Hood River1930
Wasco1923
Benton1696
Douglas1511
Josephine1152
Columbia970
Coos910
Clatsop850
Crook491
Baker400
Tillamook340
Lake320
Wallowa191
Sherman160
Curry150
Harney100
Gilliam40
Grant40
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Few Clouds
64° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 64°
Corvallis
Clear
61° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 61°
Roseburg
Clear
69° wxIcon
Hi: 88° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 69°
North Bend
Clear
58° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 58°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Most Popular Stories

Community Events