MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- A former youth pastor was attacked by an unknown man in the gallery in U.S. District Court in Medford during his sentencing hearing on a sex abuse charge.
The Mail Tribune reports Wednesday that Donald Courtney Biggs was being sentenced on a charge of transporting a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity for filming a 14-year-old exiting a shower on a church trip.
The newspaper says it isn't immediately clear if Biggs was injured.
Biggs pleaded guilty earlier this year to one felony sex abuse count and federal prosecutors dropped nine other charges.
He was indicted on the federal charges in 2015 after Medford police launched an initial investigation in late 2014.
Just before the attack, victims spoke about how Biggs' crimes had impacted them.
- Ex-youth pastor attacked during sentencing on sex abuse plea
- Ex-youth pastor sentenced to 15 years on sex abuse charge
- Former Oregon youth coach sentenced to prison for sex abuse
- Central Oregon jury convicts Gresham pastor of sex abuse
- Former Oregon youth pastor to stand trial this month
- Ex-youth Oregon pastor pleads guilty in girls' video case
- Man sentenced for sex abuse outside South Eugene High School
- Ex-basketball coach sentenced to 60 days for sex abuse
- Dufur track coach sentenced to prison for sex abuse
- Former teacher sentenced for sex abuse involving student