MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - A former youth pastor in southwestern Oregon has pleaded guilty to recording a video of a girl exiting a shower on a church trip.
The Mail Tribune reports that 39-year-old Donald Courtney Biggs pleaded guilty Friday in U.S. District Court to one felony count of transporting with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
As part of the deal, nine other transportation and child pornography charges were dropped.
He was indicted on the federal charges in 2015 after Medford police launched an initial investigation in late 2014. The investigation began after authorities were alerted to inappropriate text messages Biggs had exchanged with minors, according to court documents.
Biggs is scheduled to be sentenced in June. He faces up to nearly 16 years in prison.
- Ex-youth Oregon pastor pleads guilty in girls' video case
- Former Oregon youth pastor to stand trial this month
- Ex-youth pastor attacked during sentencing on sex abuse plea
- Oregon man pleads guilty in stabbing death of SUV driver
- Oregon man pleads guilty to forced labor, visa fraud
- Former Oregon teacher pleads guilty to 9 sex abuse charges
- Man pleads guilty in killing of Oregon trumpeter swan
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to visa fraud, forced labor
- Oregon chiropractor pleads guilty to sexually abusing patients
- Former Oregon State Police spokesman pleads not guilty