PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A former Multnomah County Health Department employee accused of sexually assaulting someone in Portland has been arrested in California.
KATU-TV reports 64-year-old Sandy Ortiz was arrested earlier this month and has been booked in Multnomah County Jail on two counts of sex abuse.
According to investigators, Ortiz met the victim while working at the Multnomah County Health Department's Northeast Health Center.
The investigation started in May 2018 when the victim told police he was sexually assaulted by Ortiz from the summer of 2000 through the summer of 2001 at Ortiz's apartment.
Multnomah County Health said in a statement that officials learned that police had contacted Ortiz about abuse allegation in late June. He was placed on administrative leave July 2 and resigned in mid-July.
It wasn't immediately known if Ortiz has obtained an attorney.
- Ex-county health employee arrested on sex abuse charges
- Jasper State Park employee charged with sex abuse
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Tangent man arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Lane County deputy fired after new sex abuse charges filed
- Coos County teen facing rape and sex abuse charges