EUGENE, Ore. -- Residents are going above and beyond to keep their amenities safe during the cold weather.
Eugene resident Hunter Gray said he uses a ductless heating unit to cut down costs while keeping his home warm.
"We do have a gas fireplace that we turn on when it gets pretty cold," Gray said.
Tom Phillips, an employee at Jerry's Home Improvement, said homeowners should consider buying portable heaters, pipe insulation, heat tapes and faucet covers to use around the house to prevent damaging their amenities.
For cost-efficient ways to protect your home during the winter season, click here.
- Eugene residents protecting their homes from the cold
- Oregon on Fire: Residents taking steps to protect their homes
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- Two Eugene residents given keys to new tiny homes
- Mission accomplished: Eugene Mission finds home for resident
- Eugene residents raise concerns about panhandling
- Eugene residents react to life expectancy report
- Residents demand changes at popular Eugene intersection
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- California residents could sue companies for violating privacy protections