Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police used a Taser to take a potentially-armed suspect into custody on Royal Avenue on Thursday.
Sean Robert Lovewell, 31, was known to be driving while suspended, police said. He was also wanted for questioning by Oregon State Police, and Lane County Parole and Probation was also looking for him.
Police stopped Lovewell at 1957 Royal Avenue at about 3 p.m. They said he refused to get out of his vehicle and told them he was armed. Police broke the window and took him into custody.
No weapon was found. State police took custody of Lovewell.
- Eugene police take suspect into custody using Taser
- Police use Taser on man suspected of stealing headphones
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Eugene police release new information on in-custody injury investigation
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Police search for stabbing suspects in Eugene
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Eugene police arrest, identify robbery suspects
- Eugene police arrest chain-wielding robbery suspect
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene