EUGENE, Ore. – Police are looking for a suspect involved in a shooting near an Albertsons in Eugene.
Eugene police responded to the report of a man with a gunshot wound at around 7:40 p.m. on Sunday.
The victim, Jesse Chisholm said the shooting happened at the Heron Meadows apartment complex near the intersection of Unthank and Throne.
Chisholm said he was walking from his apartment complex when a man, who was hiding behind a building in an unlit area, approached him. He said the man quickly shot him in the arm. After being shot, Chisholm then ran the opposite direction and called police.
Chisholm claims this was a random act of violence and said there were no altercations leading up the shooting.
Chisholm is expected to make a full recovery.
After investigating with a K-9 unit, police said they have found no evidence at the crime scene. Police are still investigating and are asking for any information regarding this incident.
Officers said they searched the area but were not able to find the shooter.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his 20s. Police said he was last seen wearing a black hoodie and black Carhart-style pants.
The victim was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
- Eugene police search for suspect in shooting near Albertsons
- Man shot near Eugene Albertson's shares his story
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for theft suspect
- Police search for stabbing suspects in Eugene
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Crews respond to fire at Springfield Albertsons
- Crime Alert: Eugene police are searching for suspect after dispute
- Eugene police search for suspect in attempted assault
- Eugene police search for Chase Bank robbery suspect