UPDATE: The Eugene Police Department's arson team is investigating a house fire that killed one person Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded just after 7:30 a.m. to a fire in the 3400 block of Winchester Way.
The arson team is looking into the cause of the fire and the circumstances.
If anyone has information in the case, they are asked to call 541-682-5111.
EUGENE, Ore. -- Firefighters responded to a fatal house fire in the 3400 block of Winchester Way Wednesday morning.
One neighbor said that at 7:30 a.m. the female homeowner came running to his front door, saying that her house was on fire.
A Eugene police officer confirmed that someone died in the fire and the Eugene Police Department is leading the investigation.
At about 8:30 a.m. at least six fire engines and several police cars were still at the house. Police were blocking off access to the house with yellow caution tape.
- Arson team investigating fatal house fire in Eugene
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Possible arson fire at Eugene Pallet Enterprises
- House fire under investigation in Eugene
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- Veneta house fire may have been arson, fire officials say
- Police investigate fire at Seattle church as arson
- Fire officials investigating possible arson at new Umpqua Health building
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Coos Bay man charged with arson in two house fires