EUGENE, Ore. -- Nine people were taken into custody in an early morning raid that targeted two houses in the Danebo neighborhood. Five of those individuals were later charged.
Police say the houses, both on the same lot in the 4000 block of Royal Avenue, had been the source of neighborhood complaints for weeks. Truck campers were also spotted on the property.
Some of the detained individuals had existing warrants, police said.
One woman who lives nearby said she was "elated" by the bust.
"I am super happy that they are taking care of this," she said. "It's going to be better in the coming months as things start winding down and this house is no longer the hub for them to go to for drugs."
- Eugene police raid alleged drug house
- 2 suspects, drugs netted in Eugene raid
- Deportation raids affect Eugene restaurant
- DeFazio blasts immigration raids
- DEA raids Portland pharmacy
- Man arrested after alleged assault in Eugene
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- Eugene house destroyed by fire
- Eugene Police preparing for Eugene Marathon
- Police investigate homicide in Eugene