EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police are looking for a man who allegedly slashed another man, sending him into emergency surgery.
Police tell KEZI 9 News this happened on 100 River Avenue near the VA Eugene Clinic Saturday afternoon.
Police say they got a call of a dispute involving one man who was armed with a machete or an axe. We’re told the dispute was over a shopping cart.
Police say the suspect left the scene before police arrived.
They tell KEZI 9 News the victim had multiple lacerations near his chest and left arm.
Police say he was taken to RiverBend Hospital to have emergency surgery.
Police believe the suspect is a transient and say he has been hanging around that area for the past week and a half.
The suspect is described as a white male with an average build and black beard. Police say he was last seen wearing a black t-shirt and long cargo pants.
Police say the weapon has not been found. Police tell us they don't think the two men involved knew each other.
If you have any information you are asked to call Eugene police immediately.
- Crime Alert: Eugene police are searching for suspect after dispute
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for theft suspect
- Police search for stabbing suspects in Eugene
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Eugene crime spree suspect pleads guilty
- Eugene police search for suspect in shooting near Albertsons
- Eugene police search for Chase Bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for suspect in attempted assault
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect