EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene nonprofit hosted event on Saturday to showcase rescue horses.
Oregon Horse Rescue is an equine rescue and sanctuary that provides medical care, long-term shelter and adoptive placement for at-risk equines throughout Lane County and the state of Oregon.
They held a family-friendly outdoor event at their rescue facility (28364 Crow Road in west Eugene) from noon to 4:00 p.m.
Organizers said this event supports their effort to engage more people in their work in helping abandoned, neglected and abused horses. They also showcased adoptable rescue horses with hopes of placing them with loving families
Visitors met the horses while enjoying live music and engaging activities, like painting horse shoes and testing their knowledge with equine welfare trivia. There was also a tack sale and a silent auction featuring local art and hand-made artisan crafts, among other things.
All the proceeds from the event will support the organization's efforts to care for at-risk horses.
- Eugene nonprofit hosts event to showcase rescue horses
- Nonprofit hosts boating event for people with disabilities
- Eugene police help nonprofit collect princess attire
- Eugene nonprofit falls victim to mail theft
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- Annual Operation: Food Rescue event held in Eugene
- Mountain Rose Herbs hosting recycling event in Eugene
- Eugene nonprofit creates new treatment center for Veterans
- $500,000 donation will help Eugene nonprofit house the homeless
- Local nonprofit hosts New Year's Eve fundraiser for youth