EUGENE, Ore. – A Eugene man accused of child neglect after a boy in his care ate candy laced with drugs has been sentenced.
Gary Baughman was ordered to spend 50 days in jail on Friday.
Police said the child ended up in the hospital after eating Xanax-laced candy in November.
A change-of-plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled for the child’s mother, Nicole Fetters, on Tuesday.
- Eugene man sentenced after boy ate drugged candy
- Mother sentenced after 2-year-old son ate Xanax-laced candy
- Candy Cane Lane returns to Eugene this holiday season
- Mother warns about drugs disguised as candy after near tragedy
- Man tied to drug-trafficking organization sentenced
- Pet of the Week: Candy
- Man sentenced for sex abuse outside South Eugene High School
- Man sentenced for setting fire to Eugene field
- Man sentenced to 15 years for Eugene crime spree
- Eugene man sentenced to prison for hate crime against church