EUGENE, Ore. -- One man has been taken to a Eugene hospital after police said he was stabbed during an altercation with another man.
Eugene police said they received multiple calls around 10:22 p.m. on Wednesday to report a fight between two men that ended with one stabbing the other in the 900 block of E. 29th Avenue.
Officers arriving on scene found the victim and saw he had a stab wound. He was taken to the hospital. Police said they were then told the suspect was still in the area and located him on the roof of a home. According to police, the suspect cooperated, jumping down from the roof to be taken into custody.
Police are not currently releasing the names of the victim or the suspect or if the two men knew each other.
Police said there is no longer any threat to the community.
This is an ongoing investigation. Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates.
- Eugene man hospitalized after stabbing
- Man arrested after stabbing in Eugene
- Man stabbed during fight in downtown Eugene
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Police investigate stabbing in Eugene
- Suspect arrested after man stabbed outside Starbucks in Eugene
- Man arrested after allegedly injuring 1 in Eugene stabbing
- Police search for stabbing suspects in Eugene
- Woman in critical condition after Eugene stabbing
- Stabbing sends man to hospital, search for suspects